This blog has been created to reflect on using technology in language education
Thursday, 10 March 2011
WEEK 10: REFLECTION
Participating in “webskills 2011” has been a wonderful experience for me, so I need to start this post by thanking to Robert and all the course members from whom I learned a lot. First of all, through this course I got an idea about what it is like an online training since it is my first online course. Now, I have a clear mind about how to use Nicenet, wiki, google sites and google docs. Additionally, through this course I have encountered with many valuable internet tools that can be used for both professional growth and language teaching. For example, I have learned about various search engines that I have been frequently using since the second week of this course. Now, I have a delicious page where I am continually applying while preparing class materials. It really has eased my work and helped me save my time. All the topics chosen were great, satisfying and up-to date. I especially liked “webquests” and I am going to try it with my students as soon as possible. The tasks were useful as they contributed to permanent learning through their “learn by doing” nature. For one of the tasks, for instance, I tried out creating “interactive powerpoints” which I seriously have needed for my students here. Now, I have been using it and in fact I enjoy playing with ppt files. Considering what I have learned in this course I have made some plans (expressed in Nicenet post) and I am really excited to realize them and continue to learn…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aysel
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. Taking this course has been unforgettable experience for me. I didn’t know about the huge of tools that we can use in our English classes. Now I know that there is a wide range of possibilities applicable and useful for our students. Combining technology with face-to-face classes moves us to a high level of knowledge that we can share with our colleagues in the workplace. Most of the activities and tasks done in this course have been used in my English classes. Also, I have made some plans for the next academic year and some proposals come from what I have learned from this course.
My Best wishes in your future plans Aysel.
Ava Norton
Thank you for sharing such a great information I am also instructor and you are really helping teacher in need
ReplyDelete