Sunday, 30 January 2011

WEEK 4: REFLECTION

This week was a very busy one for me so I had some difficulties in keeping up with the requirements of the course. However, I learned a lot again. I especially focused on the articles related to reading and vocabulary, and learned about very useful websites, software or applications. I bookmarked the websites that I found beneficial on my delicious page, which is a really useful website for me. Reading the discussions going on Nicenet was indeed informative this week. I read the suggestions made by other participants and they helped me to revise my classroom practices. I appreciate the sites recommended by Ava. I liked them too much.

For the tech-enhanced lesson plan task: I know that going to the class with a clear written plan will facilitate the work but it is not so easy to write all the details down when there is overload on the teacher. I wish I had two or three classes with 20 students utmost; lesson plans will certainly work well. Anyway, it has been a good experience for me and I am planning to use it when the next term begins here.

For my final project, I am thinking on the use of MOODLE to increase the time of instruction for the students. I am continually complaining about the limited course duration (2 hours per week), and I think it can help me to extend the instruction out of school. I am not experienced on it, so I will be happy to hear form those having ideas about MOODLE.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aysel
    I agree about technology allowing us to extend the class time. However, be careful of the time sink, as it will also extend the teacher's time. It is fine to extend some, but we are not boundless, even if we think we are at times.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete